Sunday, November 16, 2008

Preparing for Advent

Can you believe this year is almost over?  As we come closer to the holidays, we begin to see more and more commercials on TV regarding the big Christmas sales and what the hottest item is going to be this year.  If anyone still enjoys watching the news, then you will also know that the economy is the top story.  Many of these stories have already shown that the retail sector is going to suffer this year (I actually think I have heard that for the past several years).

I know that most people will still be spending on Christmas gifts, but as we do, keep in mind what Christmas is all about.  Foremost, it is about Christ.  Below is a video I found that puts our spending in perspective.



This advent season, I hope we can all focus on worshiping fully, spending less, giving more, and loving all.

No comments: